Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Arm Candy

From shefinds.com

Coco Chanel was famous for saying that every woman should take off one accessory before she leaves the house each day.   When most people are faced with removing an accessory, they rarely choose to cast aside their earrings or necklaces....bracelets are often the first to go by the wayside.   I happen to think differently, and it seems as the current trends are very pro-bracelets:)
Banana Republic




Coach

From cheapchicas.com
I never used to wear bracelets.... I have fairly small wrists, so it was really hard to find bracelets that would actually stay on instead of falling off every 5 minutes.   Lately though, I've seen more and more adjustable cuffs and eliptical bangles (small wrist friendly).  

I'm a big fan of the multi-strand wrap bracelets, especially the braided cord, leather, or rhinestone embedded ones.   I think all things nautical are classic and preppy, so I'm starting to develop a small collection of the chain-link styles as well.

Enchantingjewels.com
If you like the charm bracelets that you had when you were little, you'll love the grown up versions that designers like Betsey Johnson, Juicy Couture, Ann Taylor, JCrew, and Pandora are coming up with.




Juicy Couture
I'm not in the habit of spending +$100 on trendy bracelets that I'm going to wear every once in a while.   So if you're a savvy shopper, there are tons of places where you can find cute (albeit cheap) options for less than $30.   Admittedly, Forever 21 gives me anxiety and I get midly claustrophobic when I go in there.   But as much as I hate to admit it, it's a pretty decent place to hunt for jewelry.   I've found several cute bracelets (and rings too!) in their over-crowded excuses for a jewelry section.   FYI-- they now have a website so you can shop online instead.  Francesca's, H&M, Lulu's, and Vestique are my other fav options.   If you have any other good shopping secrets, please share!!!
Olivia Carter


thisnext.com



Tiffany & Co




No comments:

Post a Comment