Thursday, April 12, 2012

10 Must-Haves from Ikea

I'm a huge fan of IKEA.  Yes, their products come with lengthy instructions and take a considerable amount of time to put together.  But their stuff is so cool and cheaply-priced that it's worth it!  I've bought tons of stuff from IKEA (all of which I've been very happy with), but here are some of my current faves:

Salong Vase $4.99
I adore the shaped of this eliptical small bud vase!  It's available in two sizes, and also comes in clear/white.
Kassett Boxes with Lids (2 pack) $9.99
These are collapsable and come packaged completely flat.  They're pretty easy to put together (approx 3 min per box), and even though they are made of thick cardboard they're very sturdy-- mine have made it through 3 moves!

Expedit Shelving $69.99
The Expedit series is probably one of my all-time favorites!  This shelving unit is so versatile and multi-functional.  I mounted mine horizontally on the wall so that it's floating above the floor at sideboard height.  It's overly complicated to put together, but if you decide to mount it on the wall to achieve a floating shelf look like my husband and I did, be prepared for a 2-hour adventure!
Maskros Pendant Lamp $49.99
This pendant light has been pictured in countless designer rooms and magazines, and for good reason--- it's a great conversation piece that adds texture to a room at an incredible price!  This comes packaged flat (so you can order it online), and is not hard to put together - just time consuming.  Connecting it to your wiring in the ceiling fixture is the hardest part.
Hemnes 8-Drawer Dresser $299
The Hemnes series is another great classic.  This dresser is so basic, but it's really well done.  I like the fact that instead of the traditional 3 x 3 classic dresser styles, the four smaller drawers across the top of this dresser add an eclectic look to an otherwise simple piece.

Ung Drill Mirror $39.99
This mirror is the perfect size!  I think it's hard to find mirrors with the right porportions, but Ikea nailed it with the Ung Drill mirror.  I love the fact that it comes painted with a black finish, but you could always spray paint/re-finish it another color.  How fun would this be in a bright color?!
Ljusas Uvas Lamp $39.99
Whenever I'm in Ikea, my favorite part of the store is the lighting section (just go to one of their stores and you'll see what I'm talking about).  The color of this lamp is fantastic, and I also love the opaque glass base & matching shade.
Hemnes Sofa Table $179
The combination of two different cubby hole sizes on this table make it so unique.  Ikea makes several basket series designed to fit in their tables/shelves, so you can buy small storage baskets that fit perfectly in this table.  The size of the table makes it super versatile as well.
Blomster Vase $24.99
My very first Ikea purchase :)  They have different patterns available, but this size/style is my favorite.
Tarva Chest (unfinished) $149
The lines of this Tarva chest of drawers are very simple, but you can do so much with this piece!  It comes unfinished so you can stain it, paint it, or gloss it any color that you want.  You can also change out the knobs to something more decorative for a custom look.

No comments:

Post a Comment