Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Elizabeth McKay on Sale on RueLaLa

It's nearly impossible to find Elizabeth McKay on sale.  Which is why I was SO excited last week when I noticed that Elizabeth McKay was having an event on RueLaLa!  Unfortunately, I didn't find out until late the night before it started, which is why I wasn't able to get the word out.


If you're not familiar with the way RueLaLa works, they have events (or mini shops) daily where you can purchase otherwise expensive designer items at discounted prices.  You can't view the items or the prices before the events starts, so everyone is seeing things for the first time when 11am hits --- it's a free for all because usually things sell out so quickly.

In any event, I was rearing and ready to go at 11am the next morning when the event launched and the items became available.  I already had my credit card info saved and everything ;) 

I was surprised to see that they had tons of long-sleeve Scotland dresses, from both this past season as well as several seasons ago.  They also had a few fairly recent sleeveless Elizabeth blouses, long sleeve blouses, and coats --- all available in a multitude of really nice patterns and fabrics.  They definitely weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as the merchandise selection goes.  Most of the blouses were priced at $59.90 - $69.90, and the two dresses were in the $79.90 - $89.90 range.  A virtual steal at over 70% off of retail prices!!

I got so overwhelmed by how many cute things they had (in my size too!), that I got a little trigger happy.  My package came in the other day, and here's what I got:


I had my eye on this navy Scotland dress in the cotton horsebit pattern over a year ago, so I was super psyched to be able to finally snag it!





I fell in love with the oversize houndstooth print of this one, and I love that it's silk.  I think it's the perfect dress to wear to the business dinners that my hubby drags me to sometimes:)



Surprisingly, this one is probably my favorite.  It's more of a tunic style, and doesn't have the typical EMcKay ruffle detail, but it's much more versatile.  And I have a pair of red Tory flats that go perfectly with it too.



And I love the silk purple feather print of this Elizabeth ruffle blouse:


I think I can wear it all the way through Spring and Summer with some white skinnies or white shorts.

If you missed the Rue sale, you can still find Elizabeth McKay on sale on other websites too!  It's not as heavily discounted as RueLaLa, but prices can be 30-50% off retail. 

Shop EMcKay sales:

Elizabeth McKay official website - SALE

Country Club Prep - EMcKay SALE

Village Vogue - Elizabeth McKay

Jane & Georgie - Elizabeth McKay SALE


Happy Shopping!!

2 comments:

  1. How was the sizing on the Scotland dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty true to size if not a little big..... I think I got a 4 (my usual size), and then had it slightly tailored to fit me better.

      Delete