Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kitchen Inspiration: Craving Gray & White

I've been obsessed with kitchens lately.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's a combination of the fact that I'm a self-professed food addict/cook, and that my husband and I are starting to look for our dream home.

Either way, I am dying to get my hands on a kitchen reno project! Since 99% of the kitchens that I see in the houses that I've looked at make me cringe, I'm fairly certain that there will be a major kitchen makeover in my future when we buy our first house.

When I say I've been obsessed with kitchens lately, let me be more specific:

Grey and white Bianco Carrara marble countertops, neutral backsplash, stainless steel appliances, glass and wood upper cabinetry, dark wood floors, turn of the century antique white cabinetry with double crown molding and trim.  **SIGH** Perfection.  The kind of kitchen that is elegant and classic, a look that never goes out of style.



I'm very fortunate in the fact that my husband and I share very similar tastes in almost everything, and thankfully, we share the same vision for our kitchen design.

Despite the fact that the very idea of cooking stresses him out, I think he's almost as excited as I am about the prospect of building our dream kitchen.  He is a big fan of anything that looks cool, and is definitely more emphatic than I am about the types of appliances that we should have.  One of the things at the top of his list is a stainless gas range:


I really love the look of mixing in glass-front doors with the rest of the cabinetry.  It really creates interest and lightens up the space, don't you think?  These X front glass cabinet doors pictured below are my fav:


I'm also really in love with the idea of a mirrored-tile backsplash with finial separators like this one:

Amazing, right?  And just think how great it would look against creamy white cabinets instead of gray.  It's also a great way to bring light and depth into an otherwise small kitchen space.  Definitely a must-have in our future kitchen.

And of course, everyone needs an oversize catch-all island:

By the time we find "THE" place to buy, I'm going to have everything so planned out that it will be the fastest kitchen remodel ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment