Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kitchen Update

Sorry I've been blog-absent.... moving has been crazy!  It will never cease to amaze me just how much paper and cardboard you have left over after you unpack everything.  But after all is said and done, we are FINALLY in the house and it is starting to look like home:)

Here is an update on the progress with our kitchen remodel:

** UPDATE **
To see our styled and finished kitchen, visit my home tour:
 
Our home was also featured in Charlotte Home & Garden magazine (Spring 2014) -- you can see that article here:





Getting our countertops in and our dishwasher/stove installed was quite a process, but the kitchen actually looks like a kitchen now that everything is in!
 

I especially love our ROHL faucet.  Finding a polished nickel faucet that worked in our kitchen was a pain in the behind (and cost a fortune!), but I'm really happy with the one that we chose. 
When I decided to save money by using hardware from Home Depot (Martha Stewart line), I wasn't sure if they would look cheap next to everthing else in the kitchen..... but the other options were $80 each, versus $5 each for the Martha Stewart ones, so I figured it was worth a shot.  After they were installed on the cabinets, they ended up looking pretty darn seamless with all the other polished nickel fixtures. 


We found our kitchen chairs at Furniture Row in Charlotte, and I think they fit pretty well with the overall look of the room. The chairs are actually counter height, since both our desk and bar area are 34' high.  They came with black cushions (yuck!), so I recovered them with some fabric that I found at Hancock Fabrics for $7.  Fortunately, the fabric is made by Premier Prints, so I'm having this lady on Etsy make matching roman shades for all of the windows.

I'm not done accessorizing yet, but I think i'm going for a mixture of glossy white and shiny silver accents.
 

(P.S. - I'm super glad my husband talked me into having under cabinet lights installed....
totally worth it!)



I'll stop being a slacker and try to be better about posting more house updates this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment