Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our New Kitchen Is On It's Way!!

We placed the order for our new custom kitchen today!! So incredibly excited:)

Now, we wait.  And wait.  And wait....until around Christmas time.  (Did you know that this is the busiest time of year for remodeling kitchens??!  I know, weird.)  But it's going to be fabulous when it finally gets here.

We decided to go with Kraftmaid cabinets in Dove White, with a few glass accent doors:




(but in white)



I got to meet the local Kraftmaid rep today, and I definitely think we made the right choice in our cabinetry.... by the far the best in quality, value, options, and customer service.

The crown molding should be pretty amazing, I was adamant about that detail--- I feel like without it, you don't get the "custom" feel.

We are doing a hidden light rail underneath the cabinets (my husband talked me into it), and I think it will look nice at night when the rest of the lights are off.  It's going to be hidden behind a smaller piece of crown molding trim that will finish off the bottom of the upper cabinets.

I know I probably sound like a dork, but I am really looking forward to my pull-out spice cabinets (another item I dug my heels in over).  I am absolutely sick and tired of not being able to find any of my spices, sauces, mixes, and rubs in that abyss of an upper cabinet..... it will be heaven when everything is within reach and nice and organized.  Woohoo!
Base Filler Pull-out
Tall Pantry Pull-out

Mike Rotell from the Home Depot in Charlotte on South Blvd is my hero.  If you are re-doing your kitchen, trust me, do yourself a favor and use him!  He has been fantastic every step of the way, and thanks to him, we are getting a SUPER deal on Home Depot's Buy More Save More event.  We don't often get lucky, so i'll take it.

I'm headed back tomorrow to buy all of the appliances, so hopefully I'll be able to get and post some 3D pictures of our soon-to-be kitchen then.

No comments:

Post a Comment