Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pretty in Pink










I'll admit it: I've never been brave enough to take pink full-fledged in any area of my life, especially home decor.  Unless you count my bedroom when I was 5, or that one time in my college where I had 2 pink pillows in my apartment....but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.  With super bright colors making a come-back recently, I'm now falling in love with pink for the first time.... especially hot pink and magenta.  It's hard not to "go over to the dark side" (as I like to call it) after you see some of the amazingly gorgeous rooms from top designers featuring this color. 


Tobi Fairley
design by Windsor Smith (from Housebeautiful.com)


These days, nearly every store you walk into has a collection featuring some variation of pink.  Designers like Lilly Pulitzer, Robert Kaufman, Amy Butler, & Caitlin Wilson are incorporating this fresh and fun color into their fabrics more than ever.  Interior designers seem to be embracing the color with renewed passion, as seen in the portfolios of some of the most renowned (as well as fresh new faces): Jonathan Adler, Nate Berkus, Cozette Coffman, Vanessa De Vargas, Krista Ewart, & Tobi Fairley just to name a few.
 
Pantone Inspiration: Fuschia, Watermelon, Rose, Blush, Salmon, Magenta, Carnation, Honeysuckle, Pale Pink, Pink Flambe

Playful Patterns: Ikat, paisley, interlocking caning, greek key, stripes, polka dots, floral, chevron, stripes, scroll, bohemian embroidery, toile, seersucker, chinoise, fretwork, trellis








Even though I seriously doubt that my hubby will endorse a massive pink room makeover anytime soon, I'm happy to say that one thing is for sure: Pink isn't for little girls anymore!  It's all grown up, and sophisticated in a whole new way that will make even the most staunch "pink hater" give it a second look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment