Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kate Spade Shoe Fetish

I think that my love of Kate Spade shoes has officially become an obsession.   Fortunately, for my husband's sake, the closest kate spade NEW YORK boutique is in Charlotte, NC over 3 hours away.   Now that I think about it, there is also a Tory Burch boutique in that mall (my other obsession, but i'll save that for another day).   So basically, if we ever move to Charlotte, my husband is screwed, along with our bank account! lol  ;)

But I digress.  Back to my intense K.S. addiction:







Even though Kate started out designing handbags, it's clear that she has incredible talent for designing women's shoes too.  Helloooooo, how can you not love these??  Her style seems to be largely fresh & modern, a little bit 60's deco, with a splash of fifties housewife influence.  All in all, it makes for super 'makes-you-wanna-open-your-wallet' cute shoes! 




One of my favorite things about Kate Spade is how she makes the "Events" dress shoes so elegant and eye-catching, yet practical at the same time.   As opposed to designers like Louboutin, these heels strike a nice balance between form and function.   Kate Spade's stilettos are beautiful and whimsical, and it's very easy to envision yourself wearing them on a regular basis!   Reading this, it sounds like I'm a spokesperson for the brand (which obviously, I'm not).   For anyone that knows me, I'm not a luke-warm opinions kind of person.   If I love something, I really love it.   If I hate it, well........I probably won't stop until the whole world knows I hate it.   Fortunately for Kate Spade, I'm a big fan:)   And in my opinion, one of the best compliments that you can give is personal testimony and recommendation.









If you're a ballet flats kind of girl (like me, 75% of the time), then you'll be happy to know that her flats are just as fab as her other styles of shoes.   Granted, her ballet flat selection is more limited compared to other styles that she offers, but she makes up for it by offering multiple color options.   My current personal favorites are the Tabitha (pictured at left), followed closely by the Juliana Too (the hot pink jelly flat at the top of the page). 

the designer herself: Kate Brosnahan Spade
My Mother will probably kill me for saying this, but her general budget for a pair of shoes is $30.   She thinks that the $200-$300 range is an obscene amount to pay for a pair of shoes, and I know that she's not alone in this.   Listen up kids:  I promise you, there is a HUGE difference between the quality and construction of these shoes and what you would find at someplace like Nine West or DSW.   I know, because I've owned both.   You're going to get twice the wear out of Kate Spade's shoes, and as long as you don't get something too trendy, you'll still want to wear them 5 years from now.   Just one thing: After you buy your first pair, please don't come hunt me down and blame me for getting you addicted too.  Thanks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment