Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Luxe Outfit for Less

So here it is.... the second weekly Thrifty Thursday:)

This week I challenged myself to incorporate an item into my outfit that I haven't worn in a really long time.  I have a silk leopard top back from when I worked at WHBM (White House Black Market), and I literally haven't worn it since I worked there - which was more than a year ago.


Today's Thrifty Thursday Outfit:




The hot pink cashmere cardi is JCrew, and it was an absolute DEAL on consignment for a whopping $16.  I know, right??  Hardly worn.  And I love the fact that the buttons are crystals, and there is a slight ruffle along the collar.  Combined with my old WHBM leopard blouse, it actually made me like leopard again!


Where you can get it:

Top: White House Black Market $88.00

Cardigan: JCrew $16 (on consignment)

Skinnies: Old Navy $19.00

Shoes: Tory Burch $99
(these are actually jellies, with the silver plate logo attached... found them on sale at her store in LA)

Necklace: BaubleBar, see previous post

Other jewelry: Ring & Bracelet are both David Yurman, gifts from the hubby

Bag: Kate Spade $98.75 - Bloomingdales Outlet


I'm a HUGE fan of consignment now, and I got my bff Christy hooked on it too.  Trust me, once you actually find a good consignment store, it's addictive.  I actually just dropped a huge load of stuff off at my new favorite consignment spot in Charlotte just this morning.  The good ones, like the one I go to, are super clean, very selective on what they take, and offer high-end designer items at reasonable prices.

If you're weirded out by the idea of shopping there (which you shouldn't be!), at the very least, try taking some of your unwanted items there next time instead of Plato's or Goodwill.  They will give you 40-50% of what the item sells for :)

Here are some of my favorites in Raleigh/Charlotte:
(Click on the name of the store and the link will take you directly to their page)

Raleigh:
Dress
Uptown Cheapskate
Adore (Raleigh & Cary)

Charlotte:
JT Posh
Summerbird
Sweet Repeats

No comments:

Post a Comment