Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hollywood Regency Faux Bamboo Chairs

I have an unhealthy obsession with hollywood regency-inspired bamboo chairs as of late.  I LOVE the look of them, especially when they are painted white or some other bright fun color.  Originally, I was dying to have some in my kitchen (I thought it would look really cool with my whole grey and white marble classic theme), but you would not believe how hard it is to find counter height chairs in faux bamboo.  *SIGH*.
 
 
So now my new idea is to procure some of these (2 I guess?) for my sunroom.


Rattan Cane Chair. Chinoiserie. Vintage Chair. Accent Chair. Dining Chair. Hollywood Regency. Fall Autumn Home Decor. Desk Chair. Bohemian.
Source: Etsy shop Rhapsody Attic
Source: amdolcevita.com
I really like this look... two chairs painted white, grouped together with an occasional table, accented with nice fluffy modern pillows :)  I hoping that I can also fit a full size chaise in the sunroom as well.
Source: gaslampantiques.com


 

Bamboo Dining Set Six Chairs Table Chippendale White Paint Leopard Print Rattan
Source: Etsy shop Harris Marks Home
(This Kelly Green is fun too, but I don't know if I'm that brave.)
Source: bamboofurnitureblog.com
 
Chinoiserie chairs and accents are a huge part of Art Deco and Hollywood Regency style, and have been making a big comeback in the design world recently.  This is making scoring vintage versions of these styles exceedingly difficult to find (at least, not at an affordable price).  Etsy has been a decent resource, but the chairs are usually sold in sets of 6... and I only want TWO.
 


My favorite styles by far are the arm chairs with the slightly curved back, like these:
Vintage Chippendale Bamboo Rattan Chairs McGuire Style  Hollywood Regency Set of 6
Source: Etsy shop Silver Branch Home
 



I'll keep you posted..... hopefully I find some that I fall in love with soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment