Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Navy & white for one of our guest rooms?

So it's official.  We move to Charlotte the third week and October!!  House hunting starts next weekend, and hopefully we can find the perfect 3-4 bedroom place in the Myers Park and surround uptown neighborhoods.  **Fingers crossed!**
 
I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about the whole moving thing, but I am trying to focus on how exciting it's going to be to decorate an entire new space.  :)  Right now, all we have is a master, and open floor plan kitchen/dining/living.  So that means there will be a lot of work for me to do decorating our new place!
 
I'm trying to come up with guest bedroom color schemes, and Navy and White is one of the looks that I have on my mind.  I'm thinking maybe taupe walls (NOT navy paint), with mostly white linens, and touches of graphic navy patterns, and Gold accents.

Very cool rug in this one.  I'm trying to hunt for a cool patterened rug as my inspiration.

I like the balance of the navy/white in this one:

YES to mixing patterns! Maybe not this much, but still.

 
And here is ANOTHER thing I'm torn about... I think that I want one guest room to have a QUEEN bed, and maybe the other one to have TWO TWIN beds.... thoughts???  (Obviously, two totally different design themes)

Love the greek key detailing......  but I only like to use it in small quantities!

The headboard is cool, but I'm leaning more towards painted metal/wrought iron.

I'm also on the hunt to find something that I can DIY to replicate the mirror like this....
 
I love horizontal wide-striped drapes (maybe a little thicker stripes than this) against taupe walls.  I think a few graphic pillows against crisp white linens would be pretty.
The throw might be a little much, but it is SERIOUSLY hard to find a decent navy and white throw that isn't $200.


I'll keep you updated as my design process progresses and as I collect things for my new space... wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment